May 30 , 2021
Organised and championed by Cycling UK, Bike Week is an annual celebration of all things cycling. This year’s theme is health and wellbeing and how getting out into nature, pedalling away a few hours can support your healthy lifestyle and have a positive impact on mental health.
One ethos of Feva Products is to celebrate the adventure of cycling with your children and teach them what you love about the sport.
Children’s mental health has been impacted during this pandemic in the same way as adults. Months away from school and a lack of socialising has meant that that hour of permitted exercise every day has become vital for many families and cycling has been an absolute hero!
Now we can come together in groups (whilst observing safe distancing rules), we’re supporting Cycling UK’s initiatives to boost our wellbeing.
World’s Biggest Bike Ride
On Sunday 30th May, you can pledge to take part in a virtual ride with others all across the UK. Let’s try and break the record! Learn more about it and pledge to take part on the Cycling UK website.
Self explanatory really, but this one has prizes! Commute by bike, make it your exercise or include your family day out.
- x3 £100 Rapha Voucher
- Child's bike from Halfords
- Cycling sunglasses and mitts from Velochampion
- x3 £20 vouchers to your local bike shop *terms apply
Whatever you’re cycling for, share it on social with the hashtag. Take part here: 7 Days of Cycling.
15% off Feva Star Seat
Our own celebration of Bike Week comes on the form of 15% off your next purchase, for one week only! Simply enter code BIKEWEEK15 when you buy from our website, or Amazon store. You’ll receive your seat within days and you can get out there and join in with this special week.
So, how will you join in with Bike Week 2021? If you still need some convincing, these are the facts of how brilliant cycling is, from Cycling UK:
‘Cycling is incredible; it will help improve so many aspects of your life.
- Cycling to work can mean you have a lower risk of developing cancer, and a 46% lower risk of cardiovascular disease
- If you cycle regularly in adulthood, you will enjoy a level of fitness equivalent to someone 10 years younger
- If all cycle journeys increased from the current level of 2%, to 25% by 2050, the collective benefit would be £248bn’
And one from us...
- Did you know the brain uses around 20% of your oxygen intake? If your children get some fresh air and exercise on their way to school their energy levels increase, their brain is more switched on to learning and they will able to concentrate better.
Happy Bike Week everyone, share your Feva Star Seat adventures on social with #fevastarseat and #7daysofcycling.